My photo
All Art work is © Alexander Fysh

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years day

Happy new years all!

So I feel like this is going to be a very good year, especially on the drawing front. I still had a few drawings I found while going through my old hard drive that I wanted to share with you before I dive into the recent stuff. So here they are.

So I figured given how most people are probably feeling today this would be a good one to start with. I drew this guy a while ago, I think the first day I got my cintiq actually. I believe I was calling him Mr. Wubz. This was around the time I really wanted to do that comic magazine (which I still think would be an awesome idea), and I think how much fun I had drawing this guy is what made me want to call it "La pacederme rose."
So everyone's making new years resolutions right now, to better themselves and try and realize some goal they've had. I think it's time I start working on one of mine. Maybe making it happen all this year would be a tall order, but I want to eventually own my own professional baseball team. Doesn't necessarily have to be Major League, I'd be happy with triple A, or maybe a Mexican or Japanese baseball team. Anyway, when it happens this is going to be the logo. So I've got that done, now I just got to accumulate millions of dollars to buy a team.

So a while back some musicians I know from Sudbury (who have since relocated to toronto) where talking about a new musical project they had in the works called the Nightlife. Will, they guy from the band, had this idea for an album cover with all these nocturnal animals hanging out in this night forest bar thing, and asked me if I'd be interested in doing it. So i did up these drawings of different nocturnal animals hanging out. Unfortunately this was around the time I started back at the studio so I didn't end up finishing these up, and shortly after I think they moved on to another musical project called Old World Romance which I quite enjoy. I still was really happy with how these guys turned out and always thought it was a shame nothing came of it. I think the bats are my favorite, although honorable mention goes to the raccoons, just cuz I love raccoons so much.


Lastly here's a drawing I did of Rhino that I had completely forgotten about. Kind of makes me want to do Spidey and all the other villains too, so maybe that'll happen sometime soon. Rhino was always one of my favorites though.

Anyways, hope the new year is treating you all well so far. Got lots more coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment